Date & Time
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- 5K Run & Walk at 9:00 a.m.
- 1 Mile Run & Walk at 9:02 a.m.
- Race Day Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
The start and finish are at Faithway Christian Academy / Faithway Tabernacle Church, 1225 South Center Road Burton, MI 48509.
Parking is available at Faithway Christian Academy / Faith Tabernacle Church.
The run/walk course is flat and fast on paved roads and Kelly Lake pathway. Road closures by Burton Police Department. Watch for vehicle traffic on the course.
Gift Card Drawing, 10:45 a.m., Day of Event
Participants in the 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile are eligible to win a gift card. There will be three drawings, one for female, male and youth under 17 years old. You must be present to win!
Donate For Your Chance To Win
Donate a pack of diapers to our diaper drive that will benefit the Flint Diaper Bank, and be entered into a drawing to win dinner and a movie for two!
Race shirts are sold al a cart. All shirts subject to availability for race day registrations and may be available for purchase on race day, first come, first served. Race day orders accepted.
FREE Post Race meal provided for All Race participants. (Family and friends are invited to join them after race, $5 meal ticket available)
5K Run & 5K Walk
- First overall male and female.
- First male and female over 40 years old (Masters).
- First three males & females in age groups 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over.
One Mile Run & One Mile Walk
- Top three overall male and female (18+).
- Top three males and females in age groups 17 & under.
- Top three males and females in age groups 18 & over.
Timing & Results
Timing and results will be provided by Newton Timing using ChronoTrack Systems, featuring the disposable B-tag that remains attached to the race number bib. Results will be posted live during the race on kiosks in the registration area and mobile at www.newtontiming.com.
The race will use “net” time for results, allowing each participant to receive an individual start time. This means the fastest time wins, not necessarily the first to the finish line.
Walk Participant Acknowledgements
We welcome and encourage participation in the walk for those not interested in running. Please be aware that the walk event is a timed event with awards, so it is unfair for those competing if you run any portion of the event. To ensure accuracy of the results and awards, we are implementing the following policy. Thank you for your understanding. If you have any comments about this policy, please feel free to contact us.
- Walk participants are required to walk throughout the entire 5k walk event. No running is allowed at any time. If you want to run any portion of the event, please register for the run.
- The walk event will start after the run event. Any walker starting with the runners will be changed to the run category.
- Walkers will be judged by their peers. If three or more people report seeing a walker run any portion of the event, they will be disqualified from the walk category. Any walker identified as running across the finish line by the timing staff, will also be disqualified from the walk.
- Any protests must be made prior to award announcements on race day. Once awards are given, results are considered final.
Burton Race Series
The Race2Grace is event number two in the four event Burton Race Series. There is no need to register for the series, just complete three of the four events and receive a custom Burton Race Series medal. Medals will be available for pick-up at the Veterans Honor Run. To learn more about the Burton Race Series, please visit their website at www.burtonraceseries.com.